Relay running only 9h/day?

Hi,

1.) I have a 768kbit uplink with a server I plan to run a tor relay on.
However that server is only up 9h/day and I read short running relays
harm the network - would it still make sence to run a relay on it?

2.) Is there any way to shut down a relay properly, so all current
connections can be safely migrated to other nodes?

3.) Any experiences how much traffic a Pentium-90 can handle? Assuming
a mips-400mhz can do 250kb, I guess the P90 should be able to saturate
the 96kb uplink?

Thanks, Clemens