Re: Tor Exit Node hosting: torservers.net

Hi Andrew,

My advice is that if you are trying to attract non-technical people to
donate money in order to create more relays, your index page needs to be
far less technical.

Yes, you're right. I'm not exactly the best person to do this (not a native speaker), but I've revised the index page to make it more clear (and moved the old index page to an "intro" page). I could use some graphics or a video, but the only "non-techy" video explaining onion routing I found is a clip from the US series Numb3rs and not exactly the most concise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIDxDMwwlsw :-]

At the moment we're discussing possibly free hidden services/eepsite hosting on the torservers mailinglist.

Also, explain how creating more tor/i2p nodes helps the normal person.
Or, who it actually helps.  And I suggest having two simple
thermometers; total funds raised and number of nodes possible per year.

A "themometer" definitely needs to be there. I'm thinking about a model like "1TB per Euro" and a slider so users can set their own level of participation. Customizations like an own node name, contact information and DNS name "cost extra".
Progress is somewhat slow because I only can work on it in my spare time.

Thanks for your feedback and your "approval"! :-)

--
Moritz Bartl
GPG 0xED2E9B44