Re: [tor-talk] anonymous surveys via Tor?

Am 04.05.2011 00:47, schrieb Joseph Lorenzo Hall:
Hi, is anyone aware of a project to do anonymous surveying using Tor?
That is, guarantee survey respondent anonymity using anonymization
tools like Tor? Obviously, one could just instruct participants to use
Torbrowser to fill out a survey form, and reject non-Tor connections
(rejecting IP connections not on the Directory consensus). I was
wondering if there want something more Clever of a solution out there.
Of course, you'd have to be careful how you recruit/sample to get good
results, but I haven't thought that far. ::) best, Joe

you could just put the survey on a .onion-site to ensure only tor-users can vote.
maybe you would still consider blocking the tor2web-proxies.

but you would save the hassle from ensuring you tornode-list is always updated. which also has timeframes between node-goes-up and node-is-listed. just minutes, but pushing people with no experience through getting and using tor the first time
and then rejecting them "for no reason" might be somewhat suboptimal.