Re: [tor-talk] Police was here - whats next?

Oops...I see I misread the original comment, confused by some replies.  The individual DID run an exit for the time in question, so it is fairly simple: you are an exit node and had no direct role in the illegal activity.

praedor

On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 08:56:25 am Praedor wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand the issue.  If he is running a relay there is no way for the police to link access to a site through an EXIT node back to his relay, so they would be showing up at the address of some exit node, not a relay.
>
> Other than that, the roomie either simply did login without using tor or someone hacked the wpa2-protected router.  It is possible to crack it, afterall.
>
> praedor
>
> On Monday, May 30, 2011 05:17:53 pm Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > > Yes:
> > > https://metrics.torproject.org/exonerator.html
> >
> > On that particular day, my reley is listed active with high probability.
> > That should at least help a bit to back my claim.
> >
> > > What country did this happen in? What city?
> > Austria/Vienna.
> >
> > Thanks again, Clemens

âFascism ought to more properly be called corporatism since it is the merger of the state and corporate power.â --Benito Mussolini, father of fascism