Re: [tor-talk] Is my ISP censoring my access to Tor?

The circuit building is definitely timing out.  I'm no expert.

> Socks listener listening on port 50364
Is this correct?  Shouldn't it be Socks listening on port 9050; control
listener on port 9051 - or does that matter?

The torrc file shows (SocksPort auto) which I guess randomises the port.

Are you using the same machine / same TBB installation at home as at the
cafe wifi?

How many times has this happened at home  - is it a regular thing now?

If not, possible the home ISP server's just busy.  How fast is your
connection?

If you haven't, try closing TBB, make sure that all Tor services are
stopped - then restart TBB.  I've had Tor / TBB fail to connect in the
past & wasn't my ISP.  Occasionally, reinstalling (or in this case,
re-extracting files to new folder) solved the problem.  Have you looked
at TBB Firefox network proxy settings to check they are correct?

However, the most relevant aspect is this:

When I load a VPN and then run Tor it works!!!

How come?