Re: [tor-talk] Torbutton-birdy version 0.0.2

I, probably in ignorance, am unable to download the xpi. Please can someone describe how to for me?

cheers
Anne

On 26/05/12 11:47, Mike Perry wrote:
Thus spake Jacob Appelbaum (jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):

I'm pleased to say that Sukhbir, tanaq, and I are making progress on
Torbutton-birdy, the Torbutton like plugin for Thunderbird. Today marks
the second release with two important fixes:
I say we just call it TorBirdy. Easier to type, and has a better ring to it
I think.

Hopefully, Torbutton will soon be entirely forgotten in favor of Tor
Browser, anyways :).

   the auto-configuration wizard leaks, so we disabled it
   the timezone is now UTC and does not leak your actual timezone

You may download the xpi here:
https://github.com/downloads/ioerror/torbutton-birdy/torbutton-birdy.xpi

We had around 57 downloads for our first release, we'd love to see that
many users upgrade and send us feedback. We're really looking for
informational leaks but the most important kinds of leaks are proxy
bypass or other kinds of seriously harmful bugs.

Here is our long running open bug about reviewing torbutton-birdy:
I already mentioned this in the ticket, but might as well say it here
too, in case people don't bother to click the link: Attachments can also
cause proxy bypass when external apps are launched to open them, esp for
doc and pdf attachments.

It would be great if someone could test trying to open those
attachments, especially after setting the prefs I mention in:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5797#comment:12.

If the prefs don't cause a warning of some kind first, you might need to
adapt that component I linked to in comment 11...