[tor-talk] 13.04 update issue

THERE ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVINCING SOLUTIONS BELOW FROM UBUNTU
SINCE I HAVE A TERMINAL, THE FIRST CHOICE SEEMS BEST.
1.
"start-tor-browser" only opens a gedit window, not tor.
I have the most recent version of the Tor Browser Bundle from
torproject.org. (tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.3.25-6-dev-en-US.tar.gz)
When I extract it and double-click "start-tor-browser" the only thing
that happens is a gedit window opens with a ton of programming stuff.
Neither Tor Browser or Vidalia open. This has only happened since I
upgraded to Ubuntu 13.04. When I had Ubuntu 12.10 double-clicking
"start-tor-browser" opened everything up and all worked fine.  How do I
make double-clicking "start-tor-browser" open tor instead of a gedit window?
Thanks

Give a right click at that start-tor-browser file and change at
permissions as Execute the file as program and then try again .

I checked "Allow executing file as program" and it did not work. The
gedit window is still opening instead of Tor.

Ok. Now open your terminal and execute the command as chmod +x
start-tor-browser;./start-tor-browser by changing to the directory where
you have placed the file.

MY COMMENTS IN CAPS: HOW DO I FIND THE PATH?

Find the path to the folder where the start-tor-browser is, and type
cd /path/to/folder, then ./start-tor-browser

2.

When I click on a script in 13.04 (64) the script just opens in text
editor with no option to run it. The same script will run in 12.04
without trouble. Is this a bug, or does it have something to do with
settings?

Follow these steps:
Hit Alt+F2, type dconf-editor and hit Enter.
In dconfg-editor goto: org â gnome â nautilus â preferences
Click on executable-text-activation and from drop down menu select:
launch: to launch scripts as programs.
OR
ask: to ask what to do via a dialog.
Close dconf-editor. Thats it!