Re: [tor-talk] CloudFlare

<grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx

>Again, and for the LAST time, nothing there says that I wish do
>that. In fact, no call for any user to illicit concealment was ever
>made there. It says that tests are made and that users have very
>valid reasons for wanting the world to support HTTPS and Tor. I
>test Tor, get it. So be off with you and your insinuations, these
>aren't the droids you're looking for. Rest tldr no time. Cheers.

I didn't say anything about concealment being "illicit". I merely said you
brought up the issue of concealment, which you did when you wrote this
brought up the issue of concealment from employers. You wrote this:

" Further, people find dating hard enough without having
their employer or landlord snooping on how many kids they want, and whoever
else generally reading/storing/selling their personal bits. These sites need
to respect that."

I'm not saying they have no right to *want* anything. People can want what
they want for any reason that seems fit for to them. They can want the
grocery store to give them free beer. What they *want* is not a big deal.

But I disagree that any 3rd party has even the slightest obligation to
*give theses people what they want*.  No 3rd party has any obligation to
respect anything about these employees desire to prevent "their employer
or landlord snooping on how many kids they want, and whoever else
generally reading/storing/selling their personal bits". The dating site
has every right to run their dating site the way *the dating site wants*.
If these people who want https connections don't get what they want-- they
try to find it elsewhere.

If you are going to use this as an example of what 3rd parties like the
dating service *need* to do or what the need to respect I'm going to tell
you you are flat out wrong.

Your saying "Last time" or getting angry or quoting Star Wars or trying to
explain people isn't going to change the fact that these 3rd parties don't
own any Tor users anything and they don't "need to respect" what they
want.

Ciao,
Lucia