Re: [tor-talk] Meeting Snowden in Princeton

Hi,

Mirimir:
> I just saw this posted by coderman on <cypherpunks@xxxxxxxxxx>:

<https://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/2015/05/02/meeting-snowden-in-princeton/>.

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite quote:
"The deepest problem is that the system architecture that has evolved in
recent years holds masses of information on many people with no
intelligence value, but with vast potential for political abuse."

This is what it all boils down to for me: Security issues are largely a
political problem. Separation of Powers, Freedom of Speech. Although
both concepts are more than 200 years old, we still have to have this
discussion. Technology can only do so much to fix this.

Sophie