Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy and Gmail (continuation)

ÐÑÑÑÑ ÐÑÑÐÐÐÐ:

> What's the purpose using TOR when Google already know who you are and even
> know your phone number?

Well, that's a good question.

Firstly I'll say that I don't mind Google knowing who I am. (In fact, my
domain name is registered in my own name, so trying to hide my identify
for any mail originating from this address would be pointless.)

So the question remains, what is the purpose of using Tor when my
service provider already knows my identity?

The answer is that I think that identity is only one piece of the larger
privacy issue. In my case I'm not trying to keep my identity private.
However, I don't particularly like the idea that any ISP I use is likely
logging when, where and how often I check my e-mail. So for the purpose
of avoiding some dragnet meta data collection, I use TorBirdy.