Re: [tor-talk] Proton Mail and Tutanota - not exactly Tor friendly.

On 2016-05-03 01:34, Mirimir wrote:
On 05/02/2016 02:41 PM, blobby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I signed up for Proton Mail only to be asked for SMS validation (just as
Gmail does). Tutanota did not ask for SMS checks, but my account has
been suspended for up to 48 hours while they manually check it (which
doesn't sound too unreasonable since it's free). However, both these
services proclaim they are pro-privacy but they are more or less anti-Tor.

Thoughts?

Tutanota has nuked accounts that I've created via Tor.

How do you mean "nuked"? Existing accounts just vanish? Or you are never allowed to send / receive mail?

Openmailbox (which I am using now) used to allow signups via Tor but now any form of Tor or VPN signup is banned.