Re: [tor-talk] Decent guide to setting up an .onion site on a VPS?

On 5/11/19 2:33 PM, jiggytwiggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I had seen this before but it assumes one runs the onion on one's own
machine. My computer is not on 24/7. Isn't there an up-to-date guide for
running hidden services on a VPS?

Tor is agnostic to the machine it is running on. A VPS is just another machine. The aforementioned guide [1] will walk you through the steps of Tor-side configuration but it's up to you to configure your webserver. Existing guides in this area have aged pretty darn well.

Be sure to read the document in full and follow the onion services best practices [2] linked under the operational security section.

[1] https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/tor-onion-service.html.en
[2] https://riseup.net/en/security/network-security/tor/onionservices-best-practices

--
Jordan