Challenges paper and other tools

On 11/19/05, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Section 5.2 http://tor.eff.org/cvs/tor/doc/design-paper/challenges.pdf
> discusses this in more detail.  I cannot possibly recommend this paper
> highly enough to people who want to help with design
>
> yrs,
> --
> Nick Mathewson

I'll definitely take a look at this, but I'd really like to start
experimenting with Tor.  Is there an easy way to say (for example), I
want to run A as my exit node, then go through B, then exit through C,
pass this all to an app, and then do it?  I've looked at the protocol
and I'm starting to understand it, but there seem to be a lot of parts
and I'm kind of looking for a package which implements those parts
separately.

So, is there a hello world Tor client?

Anthony