Re: Security concerns/help me understand tor

On Nov 10, 2007 1:27 PM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 03:54:52PM -0800, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> Do you also think Tor should automatically block access to all RFC 1918
> address space unless otherwise enabled? Why should Tor be so automatic
> about your specific preferences?

Actually Jake, Tor already does automatically reject the RFC
1918 addresses in your exit policy, unless you change your
ExitPolicyRejectPrivate config option from 1 to 0.

I just changed it so it also adds your relay's public (external) IP
address too:
http://archives.seul.org/or/cvs/Nov-2007/msg00154.html

This change will be in the 0.2.0.11-alpha release (it's too late to put
it in the 0.2.0.10-alpha release), and will probably make its way into
0.1.2.19 (whenever that comes out) too.

Thanks,
--Roger

Thank you!  :)