[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor blocking german nodes
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor blocking german nodes
- From: "Michael Schmidt" <schmidtm524@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:36:31 +0100
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:36:41 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=Cf9uG4ixyyynm613gW+fhgw11H+hhYpLMnejSpuPQcs=; b=TwQNeqluLwSNl/fu0c+0uqQNVZ6wbYZ2ZoywbEJB6OarBqcTOoD6zwosLnx9qN2D1sC9z3YwD81nCvZCIlgTggYOGEyTfCmtn7aTacWsij5i0Wb2MmyChZ7M0fLqp9diQb7z/n0B9ZyC298DeXIMsdWItZIYZ65jy1ZHf5t5ht4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=QFXGxmTH05zd38MwDQO8S/y54mxkrWwzJ3O9x+9bhNor9bJe+YSyc161WXWcEIUp/YG99hAh2yXbYriJbzYILdjTSplhIdG0KEZaoi8sHSlPzeP8IRoVZOafT3bx0LgaFOhMyXzn1eUbNapjEPTXhc8O8rYLlXuBysVnbA3b/g8=
- In-reply-to: <20071122192343.3039b3b0.kazaam@xxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20071122192343.3039b3b0.kazaam@xxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
please do not attach germany to fascism, this shows only our broen view.
blocking nodes in the EU from ourside EU is nonsense and does not help the network, e.g. you are destroying the network by itself, i tis only a risk, if someone is in the EU an Exitnode.
Forwarding nodes are needed and if there is no logging, this is the own risk of the mantainer.
PS: from which country are you?
2007/11/22, kazaam <kazaam@xxxxxxxxx>:
because in germany fascist laws will force tor-nodes to log their connections I'm looking for a way to blog german tor-nodes. Is there any way to do this with Tor?
I found ExcludeNodes just taking nicknames and no IP-ranges which is pretty bad. Couldn't this be implemented? I mean Tor knows the IP of the nodes so why not making it possible to blog IP-ranges with wildcards like
Then I found this old post: http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Jul-2006/msg00079.html which has a script which grabbs the nicks of nodes from a website and puts it into ExclueNodes. But first the website it takes this info from is down:
http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/ and second this is just a messy solution to the problem.
So why not implementing an IP-based ExcludeNodes? Much would be won with it and nothing loosed..
Is there any other workaround known at the moment to block german IP's?