Re: Any plans to fix tor for OpenDNS?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:17:20AM -0500, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> I use OpenDNS servers and tor messages always contain a message that my
> service provider "may be hijacking DNS requests".  It isn't a problem for
> functionality of tor but it is somewhat annoying to see that warning all the
> time.  Is there any plan to make tor fully friendly with OpenDNS so these
> messages can go away?

The problem isn't that Tor is unfriendly with OpenDNS.  The problem is
that OpenDNS is unfriendly to the Internet.  Tor is giving you those
warnings becaue OpenDNS is intentionally giving false answers to its
questions.  I've heard that OpenDNS has a "tell me about real DNS
records, not about your own fantasy version of DNS" option somewhere
in its configuration settings; if it does, you should probably set
it so that Tor is getting the real DNS hierarchy.

yrs,
--
Nick