[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Torsocks on FreeBSD
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Torsocks on FreeBSD
- From: "John Brooks" <aspecialj@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:27:31 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 21:27:37 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=vWVj723r+ln4UNVsxOcYbqVMoAAmxrihgwG61adWRE0=; b=n2evM63ffon3GEjK9kJIrf53RXNimDklLft2S4gzAE+DanS7ocJ1HBZjF7lgMQMCcP c+qLjeflpnci2NXvMP4HQuSR6dEM2C4qOGywfE0a3Zgzp0be8uwgcV5kruMDD0RB5hOg wF/08hqrcd3qEIlNkuoUGH7FPYrr+WyQFzcCs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=SKPSI7OyZkJKsss5bgY/vkvMHtAPC91Vmf+bHdbM/tkBI7Ij7HdNI405Jqk/N5hUwR Q4JNh+pK5gfuokObpEh7lY6UYeyiC6rgSJd61BAna8EdzOF8ABNCfxmE1zetn0sTy3p3 n37AoU5ByN1W4ETgDf/CMUdagrLD1eenl+3Ok=
- In-reply-to: <491F3265.5020901@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <491F3265.5020901@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This sounds like a bug in the torsocks configure script to me - libdl
on linux is required to use dlopen and similar functions, but on BSD
is part of the normal libc. So, on linux, -ldl is required, and on
freebsd, it is an error (libdl does not exist). I imagine if the
script simply didn't check for or try to use libdl on BSD, you'd be
But, this probably isn't the best place to report issues with torsocks
- i'd recommend posting an issue to the bugtracker on
http://code.google.com/p/torsocks/ and see where that will get you.
- John Brooks
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Adlesshaven <adlesshaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up Torsocks on FreeBSD. The configure script fails with
> the error "libdl is required".
> From googling it looks like libdl is a part of glibc, but glibc isn't listed
> in ports. The FreeBSD mailing list archives mention that libc does an
> equivalent thing, but I don't know how to tell configure to use it.
> Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I get Torsocks to work with
> Theres a Tsocks port so it shouldn't be too difficult...