Re: Problems with irc because of tor?

I run a relay server only.  Never an exit (at least, not for about a year)

On Thursday 20 November 2008 16:37:29 Robert Hogan wrote:
> On Thursday 20 November 2008 21:25:46 Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> > Now I'm really lost on this.  Tor quit running (I cannot run
> > tor-0.2.1.7-alpha for more than a couple minutes, so it seems.  It just
> > suddenly quits without any errors.  It's running then suddenly it isn't.
> >
> > Looks like it is back to the previous version again...
> >
> > That said, tor is down/off and I STILL get the same messages for my IRC
> > client.  It seems that simply running tor briefly is enough to bork my
> > IRC client from then on (at least until I reboot)?
>
> Do you run a server yourself? If so, your real IP may be on the irc
> server's 'tor blocklist'.

I keep seeing the "127.0.0.1 banned" message and wonder where this address is
coming from to be mispresented to any outside server or computer.  Why is my
REAL IP address be sidestepped and my localhost overriding it?  I am wondering
if there is a tor configuration setting I am missing to prevent tor from
"presenting" 127.0.0.1 as my address.