Re: Introducing Torsocks - Transparent socks for Tor

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 04:42:33PM +0100, Ruben Garcia wrote:
> |>   http://code.google.com/p/torsocks/
> |
> | That looks really cool. How well does it compile on *BSD? Any better
> | than tsocks?
> |
> | I'll try compiling it when I get a chance.
>
> It's supposed to compile in bsd, George Shaffer sent me a patch in 2006,
> and torsocks has all my patches included, as far as I can see.
>
> https://giig.ugr.es/~rgarcia/tsocks/
> has the details.

Hi Robert,

Looks great. Can you (or somebody) confirm that it does everything it
should do on BSD and OS X? I ask because there's another tool called
dsocks, from Dug Song, that is designed for OS X and friends:
http://monkey.org/~dugsong/dsocks/

I wrote an item on the volunteer page long ago to make the torify script
smarter, so it calls tsocks or dsocks depending on which is available
and recommended for the system. See item #2 at
https://www.torproject.org/volunteer#Usability

Or perhaps torsocks makes dsocks obsolete? :)

Thanks!
--Roger