Re: padlock patch for tor

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 03:03:13PM +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> I noticed that tor-0.2.1.20-tor.0.fc12.i386 did not use my VIA padlock
> crypto hardware. So I made a small patch based on the knowledge
> available at http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/padlock/.
>
> +      ENGINE_set_default_ciphers(ENGINE_by_id("padlock"));

The 0.2.2.1-alpha ChangeLog includes the entry:

    - New AccelName and AccelDir options add support for dynamic OpenSSL
      hardware crypto acceleration engines.

Can you test AccelName and see if it does what you wanted?

       AccelName NAME
              When using OpenSSL hardware crypto acceleration attempt to  load
              the  dynamic  engine  of  this  name.  This must be used for any
              dynamic hardware engine. Names can be verified with the  openssl
              engine command.

       AccelDir DIR
              Specify  this  option if using dynamic hardware acceleration and
              the engine implementation library resides somewhere  other  than
              the OpenSSL default.

Thanks,
--Roger