Tor router

I have an Asus WL-500gPv2 under dd-wrt and I want to start tor on it.
I install tor, privoxy etc. and start it.
After it I have the next notification: "Nov 11 22:14:06.954 [warn] You
are running Tor as root. You don't need to, and you probably shouldn't"
But I have only root user under dd-wrt. It is possible to add in the
system anpther users using "adduser" utility from optware but it
disappears after rebooting router.
What is the better - use the tor under root user or make any script
adding user and groop for tor after each rebooting my router?