Orbot relay error

I've been looking at ticket #2069 (Orbot fails to start if configured as
a relay) https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/2069
and found out that if you check ReachableAddresses (Run as a client
behind a firewall with restrictive policies) the error goes away and you
are succesfully connected.

I was wondering what the normal behaviour is with these issues with
Tor(if ports are blocked that is). Maybe I could just somehow check if
the phone is blocking ports and show an error about it so the user knows
what's going on?

Also I'm using an unrooted phone, HTC Hero 2.1, so I was wondering if
this just happens on unrooted phones?

- Berglind aka beggaboo