Re: Anonymity easily thwarted by flooding network with relays?

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:49:32AM -0500, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:33:38AM -0500, Paul Syverson wrote:
>
> :Better go have another espresso ;>)
>
> further through the coffee now and wishing if I had to have said thout
> out loud I'd at least not sent from my MIT addresss :)

Dare to be stupid. is a motto I've lived by for decades. (Just ask
anyone who knows me.) But I'm not kidding. I try to put in appropriate
effort learning background so as not to waste people's time, but I
also try to resist the fear of asking or suggesting something off the
cuff because it might be stupid. I'm smarter than smart people in this
respect because I know to surround myself with smarter people than me
to draw from when I make such suggestions, while they obviously are
dumber since they are relying on me.  This is hardly the worst
already-settled-that question raised on or-talk.  And don't worry
about the MIT affiliation. I've known too many to be impressed.
(Shades of Westley talking to Inigo Montoya.) OK, clearly distracting
myself from pressing matters. Back to it.

-Paul