Re: [tor-talk] Don't use Google as default search in Tor Browser?

On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:13:44 Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> *** BUT, on a 2nd SEARCH, w/ Google still selected as search engine, TBB
> does NOT show the screen, asking if you'd like to redirect to another
> search engine.  SEEMS like a BUG.  I tried various ways to get TBB to
> present the "do you want to redirect to another search engine" again,
> after the 1st search in a session, but couldn't get it to (if didn't
> check "make this permanent").  Not sure why developers leave Google
> search in, but the search plugins listed below are default ones in Firefox.

You told torbutton you didn't want to redirect, so it doesn't for the rest of
the session.  If you restart firefox/aurora, it should prompt you again on a
google captcha.

You can also control this behaviour by right clicking torbutton, choosing
preferences, going to Security Settings, and clicking the Headers tab. The
last check box will let you automatically (or not) redirect on google captcha.

> Looking at included search plugins in TBB 2.2.34, search plugins
> included by default are Amazon, Ebay, Bing, Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo.

It's the stock set of plugins that ship with Firefox.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x74ED336B