Re: [tor-talk] [tor-dev] Implement JSONP interface for check.torproject.org

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Arturo Filastò <art@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This would allow people to embed a badge on their website
> (privacybadge.html) that congratulates the user of using Tor or warns
> him of non Tor usage with a link to torproject.org.

I think the badge looks good, but I think you should consider having
"You are not using Tor" or "Your traffic is not sent through Tor" on
the badge as well. Unless you plan to have this interface check for
more than just Tor traffic.

> I can imagine privacy advocates having this deployed on their websites
> or systems that engourage users to connect to them anonymously.

Yep, but are we talking Tor traffic only or will you add a check for
various other "anonymity" services? Having a link to the Tor Project
website would be good too.

> Also, the check.torproject repo should be moved to svn.

Do you mean Git? The repository is already in SVN:
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/check/trunk/.

--
Runa A. Sandvik