Re: [tor-talk] "You are using Tor, but your browser profile differs from the recommended, `Tor Browser Bundle` default profile."

> I try the test "http://ip-check.info"; mentioned in that document:
> "https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/";, and have the
> above result.
> I remove my directory tor-browser_ru from my $HOME and unpuck the TBB
> tarboll for using it with default settings and have the same result.
> I use TBB from the tarboll
> "tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.2.34-1-dev-ru.tar.gz', us I know that it
> is latest version.
> Furtherinmore, I found that the parameter "Signature" in that fest give
> me the same result in each TBB's starting under the same machine but
> each under different UNIX-users. (And that test indicate that the value
> of that parameter is not default value).
> So, that it is a hole in TBB? Or I do something wrong? But what I can do
> wrong if I simply unpack tarball and strat TBB?

You are doing nothing wrong. We just have not had the time yet to adapt
our test to all TBB settings. Sorry, if that did confuse you. We try to
fix this as soon as possible.

> P.S. The test defines my browser window (in spite of JS disabled) and
> advices to use another; is it possible to change it without changing
> hardware?

The test gets the values purely with CSS and disabling that is hardly an
option. There is currently no way to avoid that other than patching the
Firefox source. It is already on Mike's ever-growing ToDo list. See:

Georg

--
eMail:       g.koppen@xxxxxxxxx
PGP/GPG:     0xD936B338

Jabber:      groeg@xxxxxxxxxx
OTR-Abdruck: 35446001 20BCBE89 29A239E8 EA937FE2 7241A520

JonDos GmbH
Firmensitz: Bruderwöhrdstraße 15b, 93055 Regensburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Regensburg, HRB 10532
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE814839010
Geschäftsführer: Rolf Wendolsky, Thomas Dumler