Re: [tor-talk] Tor no longer works with win2K ??

Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> On 11/13/2011 03:15 PM, Anon Mus wrote:
>> Sebastian Hahn wrote:
>>> I'll pretend you didn't insult me and the rest of the Tor dev team, and
>>> try and get your question answered. I've snipped the useless
>>> allegations.
>>>

>> I made no allegations WHAT SO EVER, I asked questions, that was all. I
>> seem to have hit a raw nerve.
>
> That's obviously not what Sebastian is experiencing.

Having followed this thread, I can well see why Sebastian and others
were offended.  I mention that not just to keep throwing gasoline on the
fire but because I intend what follows to be a *respectful* suggestion.
Given the animosity on this thread, I don't want people to misunderstand
that.

>> I was not reporting the bug as such, I was asking if (as there was a bug
>> and at the same time my old running version was telling me it needed
>> replacing), it was being supported still, but I got curious replies, so
>> I asked why, simple.
>>

> If a binary runs on an old OS - great - however, I think it's important
> to note that if you use an EOL OS - you should probably consider that
> the support that matters is not Tor but Microsoft.

Since I don't run Microsoft software I have not paid a great deal of
attention to the downloads the Tor Project offers for it.  So I went and
took a look at your download pages to see what Anon Mus was talking
about.  I see that for the bundles, you indicate the Microsoft Windows
versions are for Windows 7, Vista, and XP but for the Expert package
(should it really be called a bundle?) you also list other versions of
the OS.   While I do not at all agree with the tone of some of his
posts, I wonder if Anon Mus might not have a valid point about this.
Perhaps on the Expert package for Windows a brief explanatory note
should be added reflecting some of the discussion on this thread?

Jim