Re: [tor-talk] Run Tor as a bridge in the Amazon Cloud

On Monday, November 14, 2011 9:30 PM, "Runa A. Sandvik"
<runa.sandvik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The Tor Cloud project gives you a user-friendly way of deploying bridges
> to help users access an uncensored Internet. By setting up a bridge, you
> donate bandwidth to the Tor network and help improve the safety and
> speed at which users can access the Internet.
>
> Setting up a Tor bridge on Amazon EC2 is simple and will only take you a
> couple of minutes. The images have been configured with automatic
> package updates and port forwarding, so you do not have to worry about
> Tor not working or the server not getting security updates.

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#MultipleRelays says:
"Great. If you want to run several relays to donate more to the network,
we're happy with that. But please don't run more than a few dozen on the
same network, since part of the goal of the Tor network is dispersal and
diversity."

I'm curious to know if 'MyFamily' is properly set on these instances, or
if Tor plans to bucket all instances within EC2 as part of the same
family?

Assuming this is a non-issue... looks very awesome!