Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia for Iphone 3g

I agree that the CovertBrowser approach makes a lot of sense for reaching that maximum amount of iOS users in a usable manner. It was only recently that Apple began allowing alternate browsers and so this approach of embedding Tor in a browser app would not have been possible before then. In addition, the iOS model for background functionality is quite different than on Android, and do not believe it can support long running processes like Tor or Polipo. Hence, this single app, single process model is the only viable one.

The Guardian Project is focused on Android, but we are glad to see Tor brought to mainstream iOS.