Re: [tor-talk] IsolateSOCKSUser vs IsolateSOCKSAuth bug in documentation or design?

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> adrelanos wrote (03 Nov 2012 13:37:04 GMT) :
> > Which one is correct?
>
> $ echo "SOCKSPort 11111 IsolateSOCKSUser" > /tmp/intrigeri/torrc
> $ tor -f /tmp/intrigeri/torrc
> [...]
> [warn] Unrecognized SocksPort option '"IsolateSOCKSUser"'

Right.  In general, a closed or finished proposal is there for historic
interest only.  The actual manual and specifications are supposed to be
where the real documentation of how stuff works is.

(In some cases, we haven't been diligent enough at updating specs and
documentation to match finished proposals though.  We should get on that
more aggressively.)

--
Nick