Re: [tor-talk] What's written to HD?

--- On Mon, 12/11/12, Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No. TBB disables disk cache completely. What's written to disk is
updated consensus and state files for Tor, temporary files for Vidalia
controller authentication, and any manual changes you make to the
modified firefox and torrc.

We have an open task to figure out what's changing inside the OS and to
confirm zero user content is written to disk at any time. See tickets
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6845 and

Thanks, but I'm still a little unclear. You say "no"- it's basically the TBB workings, but it seems an open question atm? So is there anything else apart from disk cache ...swap files..flash cookies (flash shouldn't be on but if it were, would it also leave traces that wouldn't happen with Tails, a liveCD or a VM?)

I'm thinking TBB has more users than Tails - which usually hasn't the latest Tor version either.  So is there anything that the TBB can run inside of e.g a liveCD of some sort, or Tails itself??