Re: [tor-talk] Hidden services home hosting

> Intresting ! So if I undestand it well the two servers will work in a kind
> or active / passive mode ?

No. There is no awareness between them or any other thing. It's
merely whichever is the newest descriptor in the directories and
when you fetched it.

> Any way for Alice to mitigate such attacks ?

You could host it elsewhere. And they could very well time
or bytecount your management of it once they find it.
You could route your command payloads through a mail mix.
In general, low latency networks cannot defend against a GPA.
About the only thing that could is store-and-forward with padding
to fixed message sizes and that's not low latency or efficient.
You can try freenet or gnunet if you want to do that for files.
But still, in the absence of other similar traffic, if you originate
1MB in and 1MB comes out, regardless of when, you're done.
Try sketching these things on paper and you will see.
It is thought that there are surely regional GPA's, if not global.
Yet so far nothing is known to be attributable to them.
If you can trust peer to peer, try building a physical, user piecewise
owned, global guerilla net and run your anon layer on top.