Re: [tor-talk] William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.

On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 16:31 -0600, Naslund, Steve wrote:
> Guess who has power over the networks and Internet.  We do and power
> corrupts us too.  There are some bad guy ISPs and engineers out there
> too.  Just because you are running a Tor server to allow for "privacy
> protection" does not mean you were never doing anything illegal
> through it.  I know this is not true in all cases but a lot of times
> the guy who screams the most about privacy has something to hide.

You've been pretty vocal in your opposition to anyone helping this Tor
volunteer, and now you're alleging that he was using his own exit node
to do illegal things?

Not only does that not make sense in the slightest (Tor clients can
select exit nodes -- why would he select his own?), by your own logic
it's becoming suspicious. A lot of times the guy who screams the most
about the culpability of privacy advocates has the most nefarious
influence to hide.

So either there's a breakdown in our logic, or you're getting paid by
the Illuminati to spread FUD about Tor on mailing lists. Which is it? (I
notice you haven't yet denied it, which is itself very suspect...)

--
Sent from Ubuntu