Re: [tor-talk] tordns incapable of MX lookups (was Basics of secure email platform)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Lunar <lunar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Conrad Rockenhaus:
>> If you have it laying around, I'm interested.  Would you mind
>> uploading it to GitHub or emailing it to me so I can upload it to
>> GitHub (credits to you of course.)
>
> I would mind uploading it to GitHub. Benjamin Mako Hill wrote a nice
> rationale about it: http://mako.cc/writing/hill-free_tools.html
>
> In any cases, I'll send you the code, if you can get it to work, you'll
> be free to do whatever you want with it.
>
>> Would rather use anything other than Windows.
>
> I don't understand why you suddently talk about Windows.

Basically, the reason why Windows was brought up in the discussion was
due to the fact that ISA Server has a SOCKS4/5 client that will allow
client computers (including MS Exchange) to connect to the ISA, which
can be configured to route everything through Tor.  That's all.  I'm
not sure of any *nix compatible proxying server that would allow a MTA
to connect to a SOCKS4/5 server.  That's all.  Of course, I could
could be wrong and would love to hear other ideas on this concept.

--
Conrad Rockenhaus

http://www.rockenhaus.com/
http://www.lagparty.org/~conradr/