Re: [tor-talk] Group Thinks Anonymity Should Be Baked Into the Internet Itself

I've seen the proposal for default encryption already be watered down to "if available" from mandatory.  The IETF has a long history of watering down security protocols (WEP anyone?) and is driven mainly by corporate interest...the same guys causing all the problems by failing to stand up for end-users rights.

Something does not smell right here.  Ultimately, this is a power play, one that assumes control of TOR and places it in the hands of corporations and their custom implementations.  All of which are subject to national security letters and degrees of cooperation.  So, this is about backdooring TOR, nothing else.

That alone, at least to me, indicates that the IETF is pretty much NSA, or representing their interests.  I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I vote no.

Regards,

Mark McCarron