Re: [tor-talk] Darknets/science vs. GPA/LEA/Law, and playing dirty pool

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Derric Atzrott
<datzrott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> warrant request for Benthall and didn't see anything in that besides
> Benthall being stupid and the police being clever.

Reread it. "First" they found the server, then their man, then
trolled up a bunch of stuff happened before and after the server
find to make and support charges on. Look at the dates the
evidence was dug up, not the dates in the evidence itself.

> We'll have to wait for the charging documents to come out for those that
> just got arrested to see how police allege to have found their hidden
> services.  While parallel construction is certainly a possibility, and

> Without an understanding of how hidden services may be broken, there
> is not much that can be done to fix the issue.

I'm going to guess it's not via public papers on locating hidden
services, otherwise they'd just reference that, disclose their operations
and evidence therein, and call it case closed. [Trawling TorHS, Sniper]