Re: [tor-talk] Onionmap, a free software worldmap of Tor relays

Hi,

On 11/12/2015 03:49 AM, Virgil Griffith wrote:
> Im not sure how one proposes this, but could we get a code review on
> OnionMap and then move it to
>
> https://map.torproject.org ?

I am not an authoritative source, but these are my thoughts around it
without speaking to anyone about it:

The difficulty with moving stuff to *.torproject.org is that nowadays,
with a lot of expectations of different groups and users towards the
project, you can't (don't want to) simply put things there that are not
'guaranteed to be maintained', at least in more degree than "this was
written by someone who appears to be fairly new to the community". It's
hard to find reliable maintainers for these type of things (we're
talking years or a decade), and it may be better to not have things than
to have things that people expect to be there and then they suddenly
break and nobody notices except your visitors and the only thing you can
do in response it shut it down.

I'd be more than happy to host it on torservers.net, it's a relay
related thing anyway! Opi, what do you think about
relaymap.torservers.net? I have created a CNAME record now that points
to your Github.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/