Re: [tor-talk] Proposed DV certificate issuance for next-generation onion services

nice move from EFF, thanks Seth. If accepted and implemented by Lets Encrypt, super :)

cheers.

x9p

On 2017-11-02 22:23, Seth David Schoen wrote:
Coinciding with the Tor blog post today about next-generation onion
services, I sent a proposal to the CA/Browser Forum to amend the rules
to allow issuance of publicly-trusted certificates for use with TLS
services on next-generation onion addresses (with DV validation methods,
in addition to the currently-permitted EV methods -- thereby permitting
individuals as well as anonymous service operators to receive these
certificates).

https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2017-November/012451.html

Thanks to various people here for discussing the merits of this with me.
We'll see what the Forum's membership thinks of the idea!

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen@xxxxxxx>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/