[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.5.5-alpha is released
There's a new alpha Tor release! Because it's an alpha, you should
only run it if you're ready to find more bugs than usual, and report
them on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the downlaod page on
www.torproject.org; if you build Tor from source, why not give it a
try? And if you don't build Tor from source, packages should be ready
over the coming days, with a Tor Browser alpha release likely by the
end of next week.
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.3.5.5-alpha - 2018-11-16
Tor 0.3.5.5-alpha includes numerous bugfixes on earlier releases,
including several that we hope to backport to older release series in
o Major bugfixes (OpenSSL, portability):
- Fix our usage of named groups when running as a TLS 1.3 client in
OpenSSL 1.1.1. Previously, we only initialized EC groups when
running as a relay, which caused clients to fail to negotiate TLS
1.3 with relays. Fixes bug 28245; bugfix on 0.2.9.15 (when TLS 1.3
support was added).
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the November 6 2018 Maxmind GeoLite2
Country database. Closes ticket 28395.
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Initialize a variable unconditionally in aes_new_cipher(), since
some compilers cannot tell that we always initialize it before
use. Fixes bug 28413; bugfix on 0.2.9.3-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (connection, relay):
- Avoid a logging a BUG() stacktrace when closing connection held
open because the write side is rate limited but not the read side.
Now, the connection read side is simply shut down until Tor is
able to flush the connection and close it. Fixes bug 27750; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (continuous integration, Windows):
- Manually configure the zstd compiler options, when building using
mingw on Appveyor Windows CI. The MSYS2 mingw zstd package does
not come with a pkg-config file. Fixes bug 28454; bugfix
- Stop using an external OpenSSL install, and stop installing MSYS2
packages, when building using mingw on Appveyor Windows CI. Fixes
bug 28399; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (documentation):
- Make Doxygen work again after the code movement in the 0.3.5
source tree. Fixes bug 28435; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (Linux seccomp2 sandbox):
- Permit the "shutdown()" system call, which is apparently used by
OpenSSL under some circumstances. Fixes bug 28183; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (logging):
- Stop talking about the Named flag in log messages. Clients have
ignored the Named flag since 0.3.2. Fixes bug 28441; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (memory leaks):
- Fix a harmless memory leak in libtorrunner.a. Fixes bug 28419;
bugfix on 0.3.3.1-alpha. Patch from Martin Kepplinger.
o Minor bugfixes (onion services):
- On an intro point for a version 3 onion service, stop closing
introduction circuits on an NACK. This lets the client decide
whether to reuse the circuit or discard it. Previously, we closed
intro circuits when sending NACKs. Fixes bug 27841; bugfix on
0.3.2.1-alpha. Patch by Neel Chaunan.
- When replacing a descriptor in the client cache, make sure to
close all client introduction circuits for the old descriptor, so
we don't end up with unusable leftover circuits. Fixes bug 27471;
bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to