[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Whonix 14 with XFCE or CLI for VirtualBox released!
- To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Whonix-devel <whonix-devel@xxxxxxxxxx>, debian-derivatives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, liberationtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [tor-talk] Whonix 14 with XFCE or CLI for VirtualBox released!
- From: Patrick Schleizer <patrick-mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 14:27:00 +0000
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:38:41 -0500
- List-archive: <http://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "all discussion about theory, design, and development of Onion Routing" <tor-talk.lists.torproject.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/tor-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Openpgp: preference=signencrypt
- Reply-to: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: "tor-talk" <tor-talk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Whonix: A High Security Method of Surfing the Internet
> Whonix is a desktop operating system designed for advanced security and privacy. Whonix mitigates the threat of common attack vectors while maintaining usability. Online anonymity is realized via fail-safe, automatic, and desktop-wide use of the Tor network. A heavily reconfigured Debian base is run inside multiple virtual machines, providing a substantial layer of protection from malware and IP address leaks. Commonly used applications are pre-installed and safely pre-configured for immediate use. The user is not jeopardized by installing additional applications or personalizing the desktop. Whonix is under active development and is the only operating system designed to be run inside a VM and paired with Tor.
Since Whonix can run inside VirtualBox, Whonix can be run on top of
Windows, Mac or Linux.
Whonix is also available on top of Qubes, called Qubes-Whonix.
Previously Whonix was only available with KDE desktop environment.
This release makes Whonix available with XFCE desktop environment.
Therefore Whonix gets more responsive, boot faster and uses less system
This release also makes a separate flavor of Whonix CLI available.
Whonix without a desktop environment, with a virtual console only.
**Download Whonix for VirtualBox**
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to