Re: Easy Installer for TOR [signed]

You could probably do that pretty easily with InnoSetup. (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) It's free-as-in-beer, but not free-as-in-speech unfortunately. I've used it before for multiple install situations and it works well and is easy to use.
~Andrew

Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

Hey guys,

I recently installed TOR and was rather impressed by how several pieces of software work together (privoxy, firefox, TOR, the little firefox plugin for proxy configuration). I was wondering, however, if it was possible to have a "meta-installer" check versions, fetch all the various components, and configure them on the fly. This same installer could then also function as an auto-updater for all installed softwares.

I know there's a contest going on to come up with a GUI, but I think this installer is equally important.

I know the OSX installer includes privoxy, configured. Why not the windows version?

As much as I'd like to see everyone be AWARE of how this stuff works, most of the people I know are more interested in the end result.

-Dan

--

"Why are you wearing TWO grounding straps?"

-John Evans, Ezzi Computers August 23, 2001

--------Dan Mahoney-------- Techie, Sysadmin, WebGeek Gushi on efnet/undernet IRC ICQ: 13735144 AIM: LarpGM Site: http://www.gushi.org ---------------------------

--

------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ]
------------------------

To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For your security, firefox-gen@xxxxxxxxxx

digitally signed this message on 14 October 2005 at 06:52:33 UTC.

Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.

------------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]

Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjhvci10YWxrQGZyZWVoYXZlbi5uZXQAZmlyZWZveC1nZW5Ad2FsY
WxhLm9yZwBlbWFpbCBib2R5AHYEAAB8AHwAAAABAAAAsVVPQ3YEAACPAgACAAIAAgAgPn
D83eWmGCbOLDlwNW7+dbygr2FGLmvXHgPLFYnm4w8BAHOXCA/fwnUeLVCfzukYakxesIu
YN6YdwUxZqlEUlaavyynSkHDPty6vc6BUYEB63Sd8s5bYySda2UoOCPBcUGUfK7jkU2ln
RW5k
--------------------- [ END DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]