RE: reporter from The Economist in Thailand seeks help / new Tor guide is up

I have to add a bit to this one:

NO browser (cept maybe a text browser in BSD or something) is really
100% safe on its own.  Firefox has lots of vulnerabilities, just like
IE.

That is why you use privoxy with Tor.  http://www.privoxy.org/

If you use IE 7, you can start IE 7 with Add-ons disabled.  No flash,
java, etc...  Combine that with Privoxy AND Tor, and you should be doing
reasonably well.  Is it safe?  No.  Only text browsers could qualify as
safe.

I actually like browsing with add-ons disabled as a rule of thumb, not a
special practice with TOR.  It makes my surfing experience much nicer :)

Chris