TorLab

Dear all,

My virtual machine based Tor framework is available at
http://minerva.netgroup.uniroma2.it/discreet/wiki/TorLabProject

It provides an easy way to set up a whole private Tor network on one Linux PC (it works only on Linux). I was calling it TorLab .... let me know if this is in conflict with sg, or if you have a better idea.

The aim is threefold:
- to help students/researchers in understanding how Tor works
- to study the effect of changes in Tor behavior, including configuration changes and code changes - I hope it will also be useful for development, by providing a rapid test environment, maybe automated tests

If you find the framework difficult to install or use, have a look at PuppeTor, a Java based framework with similar objectives.

Regards,
Csaba