Re: same first hops

Thanx Gregory  and F.Fox...understood the concept. Just one note though:

"Tor (like all current practical low-latency anonymity designs) fails when the attacker can see both ends of the communications channel. For example, suppose the attacker is watching the Tor relay you choose to enter the network, and is also watching the website you visit."

When it says "watching" does it mean? I thought the info was encrypted (except the last hop) and the IP invisible? Does it mean timing attacks?