Writing a Good Torrc

I'm writing a torrc for a new node, and I've run into two quandaries:

1 - Setting the correct RelayBandwidthRate and RelayBandwidthBurst
     a - I don't know a good way to test the box's upstream bandwidth over an ssh. Is there a good way to do this?
     b - Once I discover the actual upstream bandwidth, what fraction of that should I set as the rate/burst? Is there a rule of thumb?

2 Writing MyFamily gracefully
     a - There are several FPs in my myfamily line. Is it possible to add line-breaks without breaking the line?

[gpg E5D4F78A]