[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor for Android
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor for Android
- From: M <moeedsalam@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:40:44 +0000
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 03:41:07 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=EEPbzzcN0JUo64zMpp7KYxxB0Grp2ZnaehrqK9noYE0=; b=IDqOZqVhilQoRY9vxjzrh4gAFTkwOwXe3Nr4Yj4KcFUPt1Io4O1lDBkTj8Nl0aqCYw F3F231VkHcXzUJCPiA1RY6LwALV7M6XkUJajaOmilycOjjUj6qxJ9UPwp03gPTYDKeif 0WUOaXgHQb0l+G7ey+tnLJcveBo9WT8FbnvE4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=oj6pnnHhIgDTd2uY/sJwL03vDG7ZqLyEBZBOdgnppX05X+vbQ/rQqNu1GTnGTUDIEc MoO47BYfH6c4FZHfv0JtPS4K4kwNqPOqftMDM+WAyDgqZzTvr4BBCMpvPqVXXhndilk6 hbmi8goDmgopLsoo1ILOK1Be2LY+q9QBze3wg=
- In-reply-to: <4AAE73A4.8060003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20090914122416.GS9828@xxxxxxxxx> <4AAE73A4.8060003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
What about Tor for Nokias or PDAs?
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
There are some obvious improvements that could be made to the TorProxy
controller. The UI appears to be viewable only when my G1 keyboard is
closed. This doesn't work well with browsing the web with Shadow.
Switching between landscape and portrait mode is needed to see the
entire TorProxy screen. Luckily, the only thing that actually matters is
the proxy option and you can see it in both modes; it's just a little
awkward when the text is cut off halfway.
It also seems like TorProxy should have a new identity button. Shadow
suggests that users should restart TorProxy if connections fail and that
seems costly. Perhaps it's not too costly on the network or cpu?
The Shadow Browser/TorProxy setup seems like a pretty great start for
anonymity on Android. It's great stuff! Exciting!