Re: Anyone running Tor on routing/switching hardware ?

John Case wrote:

> This is interesting:
>
> http://www.linux-cisco.org/index.php/Cisco_3600_Series
>
> It's only a R4700 with 128 MB of ram ... but they have Linux up and
> running on it.
>
> Is anyone running Tor on a Cisco router, or more generally, on
> networking infrastructure hardware of any kind ?

Close, take a look at the MIPS port of tor-ramdisk:

    General Information:          http://opensource.dyc.edu/tor-ramdisk
    MIPS Specific Information: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tor-mips-ramdisk

Node "mufasa" has been running this last March I think.  Its a Mikrotik
RB433AH which sports an Atheros AR7161 which is a MIPS processor.  If
there is interest, I can port tor-ramdisk to other router archs.

--

Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Chair of Information Technology

(716) 829-8197