Re: Torbutton 1.3.0-alpha: Community Edition!

Quoth Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 2010-10-03 13:46:29 -0700:
> Doesn't your suspicion that baseline psychology will lead users to use
> tor:// over torhttp:// given the opportunity to use either tell you
> anything about which interface is more user friendly?

I don't believe in small increases in "friendliness" at the expense of
a characteristic I'm a bit too drowsy to name properly right now.  :-)

> Heh, it turns out this has the same problem, at least with Pidgin.
> torhttp://link.com still creates an http hyperlink that when clicked
> on directly would be loaded outside of Tor.
>
> httptor://link.com does not create a hyperlink, though.. Nor does
> http+tor://link.com.

Dear gods.

Okay, I suppose that probably means that horse has already bolted.
This is sad.  I tentatively retract my suggestion in light of that.

See, I'm not _completely_ impractical.  :-P

   ---> Drake Wilson