Re: [tor-talk] No more website translations

On 29/09/2011 13:13, Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
> As of svn commit 25130 we no longer have our web pages translated. We
> continue to translate tor, vidalia, aurora/firefox, our manual pages,
> and other documentation included with the various bundles.

This is sad, but as far as Italian language is concerned, it's a
reasonable thing to to. I wasn't able to keep up with translation in the
new web-based environment, and new Italian translators have not emerged,
afaik.

> We're also
> going to create a new, simplified user manual that can be translated
> and included in our various packages.

The user manual thing is very interesting.

> - The English pages are frequently updated, thereby invalidating all
> of the other languages.

This was one of the main frustrations of translating the website: lots
of minor fixes, rewordiongs, minor additions on a daily basis.

Kind regards to all the translation team,

Jan