Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle: Usability Improvement Proposal (windows)

On 10/10/2011 2:54 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
Hi all,

i would like to propose some usability improvement for TorBrowserBundle
for Windows, in order to make it more usable.

There are a lot of users that "are not even able to install firefox".

Fabio, I understand your idea is well intentioned & perhaps has some merit. But, when it comes to anonymity & security (especially if live in a country where finding out you accessed banned sites -or used banned Tor software could get you jailed or worse), if a user is "too dumb" to read at least SOME instructions or have minimal computer skills & a tiny bit of common sense, I think it may be hopeless. If they were really as dumb as you say (some) may be, they'll likely find a way to compromise their anonymity, no matter how simple it is to install TBB.

Not that it couldn't be offered as an option [but that would hopelessly confuse the really "dumb" ones :) ], but software needs to offer option to install to locations of users' choice.